Risers and Shiners: Kristen Taekman, The Fashionista and Model Mom
Our mission at Discover NIGHT is simple: we want to help stand out people crush life by maximizing the night time. We draw our inspiration from these stand out individuals; those who refuse to accept mediocrity; those who wake up on a mission; those who want to be the best at whatever it is they do. It is the people who rise and shine that we work for and in this column, we hear from them.
Kristen Taekman is a model, a dedicated wife and mother of two, a former Real Housewife of New York and a fashion and beauty influencer. Beyond giving us total outfit envy on her blog Last Night’s Look, Kristen is also the founder of Pop of Color Beauty. Talk about balancing it all! She is all about good sleep and a huge fan of NIGHT…who could blame her? ; )
- Average hours of sleep per night? At least 7 a night. Less than that and I am a mess.
- Night owl or early riser? Uggh…neither. I could / would sleep all day if I could. It’s hard to get to bed before 11pm and it’s so hard to wake up at 6:30 am with the kids!
- Matching pajama sets or anything goes? Matching PJ set. I love a jammie set! My mother-in-law turned me on to them years ago. I have a hard time going to bed in anything else. I have my summer sets and my winters ones. I’m also a bath robe girl!
- Latest you’ve ever slept in? NOON! But way pre-kids!
- What can you not sleep without? MY EYE MASK! If I am traveling and forget to bring it I put a clean sock over my eyes! And of course my NIGHT Pillow!
- Vivid dreams or no dream memory? My most vivid dream was Elvis kissing me at a baseball game!
- What gets you out of bed every morning? My kids…without fail every morning between 6 and 7 AM!
- Number of times you snooze the alarm? 3 to 5 ;/
- First thing you do when you wake up? PEE.
- What keeps you going all day? EBOOST! I have one after breakfast and one at 3pm every day. I am a creature of habit!
Other Risers and Shiners:
Meaghan Murphy, The Editor Extraordinaire
Lauren Berlingeri, The Wellness Guru
Alexandra Janelli, The Hypnotherapist and Expert in Relaxation