Oh sleep, how we love you so. NIGHT was built on the belief that sleep is a powerful tool, and with the right products to support your *best sleep*, it leads to feeling and looking better.
We spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping, but is that all there is to know about sleep? Check out these sleep facts:
1. 12% of people dream in black and white.
Studies show that before color television, only 15% of people dreamt in color. Thanks to color television (scientists think) we’re all seeing colors.
2. World record for longest time without sleep: 11 Days
In 1964 Randy Gardner set the record for the longest period of time without sleeping. Under close observation by scientists, Gardner went 264 hours without any shut eye.
3. Sleep deprivation will kill you faster than food deprivation
Stranded on an island? Best to get some rest. Although neither types of deprivation come recommended, after several days without sleep, you’d lose almost all ability to function.
4. Fear isn’t the most common sleepy time emotion
Despite countless stories of nightmares and terrors, scientists have found that the emotions most commonly felt during sleep/dream states are sorrow, guilt, and confusion. Still a bummer.
5. High Earners get the best sleep
According to the British Bedtime Report (yes, that’s a thing) people who make equivalent to upwards of 80K per year get 34% better sleep.
The takeaway? Sleep is unbelievably important. And a very worthwhile place to invest in. Want to get a better night's sleep?
As a small but mighty team, we spend our days very focused and embrace caffeine in many forms to keep the momentum going. But want to know how to distract us? Bring a dog to the office. Everyone who works at NIGHT loves dogs and it’s something we bond over.
But the fact is—the love goes both ways. Dogs LOVE NIGHT. Labs, Goldens, Bulldogs, Pomeranians, Mutts…we could go on and on. We receive pictures via text, email and on social media of dogs, peacefully resting their heads on NIGHT Pillows, with and without their owners.
You may be asking yourself: Why? Well, besides the obvious: dogs are extremely smart creatures and have great taste…here are three reasons:
- Smooth and gentle sleep surface: The top-quality mulberry silk used in the TriSilk Pillowcase allows hair to glide effortlessly across without pulling or tugging. Goodbye bedhead (and hello less shedding in this case). It is also custom-fit and expertly designed with a hint of spandex to produce a wrinkle-free, perfectly smooth environment. Our canine friends can appreciate this top-notch engineering for a most enjoyable experience.
- Sleeps cool, no sweat: No one and no dog wants to deal with non-breathable bedding that produces sweat and general discomfort. The NIGHT Pillow provides a cool sleep experience thanks to the oxygenated foam and the mulberry silk.
- Deeper sleep = better dreams: Ok, we may be stretching here…but the dogs just look so happy when they sleep on NIGHT Pillows! We do know that NIGHT Pillows support deeper, more restorative sleep thanks to the self-adjusting memory foam and the signature black hue, so why can’t we assume that better dreams come along with it?? We like to believe the pups are thinking about peanut butter, long runs in the park and cuddles with their owners.
Final conclusion: Dogs know best and they love NIGHT Pillows for good reason. Follow their lead and invest in a NIGHT Pillow.
Let us guess...
Your weekend was amazing and now you are dreading that early Monday morning alarm clock because it means a long work week ahead. #SAME. We get it.
But we are all about staying positive here at NIGHT HQ, so here are four reasons to look forward to waking up on Monday morning after sleeping on a NIGHT pillow.
1. Deep Sleep = High Functioning Brain
#Fact: The signature black hue of the NIGHT pillow is engineered to help boost melatonin production so you sleep deeply. You’ll wake up as 100% productive as your colleague who says she, “stayed at home and did laundry this weekend.”
2. No Morning Shame
Still had some residual makeup on from the wild weekend? Avoid the sad reminder of nights past as the black silk will work to hide any sign of it. Judgment-free wake up guaranteed.
3. Hair On Point
We want you to snooze that alarm clock and catch extra Z's, which means your Sunday blow out needs to stay fresh to death for your Monday work day. Preserve your locks with the finest silk pillowcase on the market, that doesn’t cause frizz. The NIGHT pillow ensures you’re ready to be #flawless come 8am.
4. Signs of Exhaustion? Not here.
Maintain hydrated, youthful skin and hair with the NIGHT pillow, leaving you looking like you spent the weekend at the spa, drinking green tea and meditating. No dark circles, sleep creases, or split ends here.
#Sundayscaries are for people who don’t sleep with NIGHT. Beat them forever.
It is always exciting here at NIGHT HQ when we launch a new product, and the Tri-Silk Pillowcase, specially designed to fit any pillow, is certainly no exception. But if you are new to our brand, you may be wondering – what is best for me? The TriSilk Pillowcase OR the NIGHT Pillow? Well don’t fret, as usual, we have your back. Take a moment to answer these two questions and then you’ll be ready to get in bed with the best NIGHT product for you.
1. Do you want to effortlessly add beauty benefits to your nightly shut eye?
Added benefits when all you have to do is close your eyes and go to sleep? YES PLEASE. The first thing we have confirmed is that you do make solid life choices…and are in fact in the market for either the TriSilk Pillowcase or the NIGHT Pillow.
Seriously? Go ahead and think about that one again.
2. Do you think the pillow you currently sleep on is absolutely amazing and providing you with the best sleep possible?
Damn, let us know what pillow you are sleeping on! But seriously, that’s awesome. Now consider covering that pillow with our TriSilk Pillowcase, a proprietary spandex silk formula designed to moisturize and protect you precious skin and hair. Our signature midnight black hue negates light, acting like a built-in sleep mask and providing you with that deep, restorative sleep that keeps you looking and feeling youthful.
You aren’t alone. In fact, this is the answer we hear far more often. Consider trying something new: the NIGHT Pillow aka full NIGHT experience. The NIGHT Pillow is a lightweight memory foam pillow combined with a custom-fit TriSilk pillowcase to fully maximize your shut eye. The advanced engineered memory foam sleeps cool and provides comfort and support in every sleep position while the custom-fit TriSilk Pillowcase moisturizes and protects your skin and hair. As mentioned above, our signature black hue negates light, acting like a built-in sleep mask. This is the real deal and the total package.
Our top priority at NIGHT HQ is bedroom satisfaction. So we take feedback from our very wise customers seriously. Since inception we’ve noticed a consistent theme in customer feedback that we like to refer to as the “wait for it.” It goes something (or exactly) like this:
“The first two nights I really didn’t like sleeping with the NIGHT Pillow™. Around night three, I started to feel neutral about it. From night five on, I can’t imagine sleeping with another pillow. I am totally OBSESSED.” – A real, very wise NIGHT customer
If you’ve ever made the leap to cleansing your face with a Clarisonic, brushing your teeth with an electric toothbrush or, for the most daring, using natural deodorant, you know the drill. There’s an adjustment period…but at the end of the day (or night)—these products change your life!
So, what is it that takes time getting used to for the NIGHT pillow? Here’s the deal:
- Self-Adjusting Foam: Our proprietary oxygenated memory foam is advanced engineered to mold to the anatomy of your body and your comfort preference (i.e. what sleep positions you favor). But, it just needs a little time to get to know you first.
- Highest Quality Silk: Our unique TriSilk™ pillowcase is made of the highest quality mulberry silk, previously used only for high-end couture and never before seen in the bedding industry. The custom-fit prevents slipping and bunching, a technique also new to bedding. There is no doubt— this is a different sleep surface experience than the #basic cotton pillow…and your hair and skin will thank you for that.
For these reasons, we recommend sleeping with the NIGHT Pillow™ for at least 10 nights before drawing a conclusion. And, don’t forget, we guarantee satisfaction with a 101 night no strings attached policy. So take your time!
Don’t let your NIGHT Pillow™ be the one that got away…it’s worth the wait ; )
Our mission at Discover NIGHT is simple: we want to help stand out people crush life by maximizing the night time. We draw our inspiration from these stand out individuals; those who refuse to accept mediocrity; those who wake up on a mission; those who want to be the best at whatever it is they do. It is the people who rise and shine that we work for and in this column, we hear from them.
From MTV VJ to Deputy Editor of SELF to Executive Editor of Good Housekeeping Magazine, there is nothing #basic about Meaghan Murphy’s fascinating career. On top of being a total boss on the work front, she is a fitness guru, mother of three, a legit AF human and O.G. NIGHT Pillow™ supporter. Here's our 10 question speed round with Meaghan:
- Average hours of sleep per night? 7
- Night owl or early riser? Early riser.
- Matching pajama sets or anything goes? Mismatched sets. I never seem to pull the matching bottoms and top out of the drawer, so I wind up with pizza on the bottom and dinosaurs on the top. Big fan of Target jammies! (I have 3 kids!)
- Latest you’ve ever slept in? As a mom: 7 AM. As a human being without kids: Noon.
- What can you not sleep without? The hubs.
- Vivid dreams or no dream memory? No dreams.
- What gets you out of bed every morning? An internal alarm clock…5:03 like a robot!
- Number of times you snooze the alarm? I don’t set an alarm!
- First thing you do when you wake up? Roll my feet out with a BodyWorks ball. Trying to avoid plantar fasciitis.
- What keeps you going all day? Some undiagnosed hyperactivity disorder.
Other Risers and Shiners: